Learn a language

I was not interested in learning a language, because I was busy studying my major. 

To study computer, the English was essential for every student. But it's only for reading, not  speaking and listening. 

So I've never tried it how to speak well in English.  There were many ways to study, so I chose to see the drama or animations. 

First of all, I found some Korean youtuber who is good at teaching English in Korean. 

The video was very interesting because English and Korean words did not consist of a one-on one correspondence.

I learned an unfamiliar expression like 'though'. Most of my friends are using 'though' expressions a lot. 

But there is no word in Korea that accurately describes that meaning. 

Plus, there were one different thing that makes me confusing.

It was time to ask in a negative sentence. 

For example, "You didn't eat lunch, right?" the answer is like below:

        If I didn't eat lunch, I had to answer "No, I didn't" in English.

        But in Korean, in the same situation, I had to answer "Yes, I did".

I was so confused after I came here, so I usually answered to others without yes or no. 

I think that those points makes me curious in English, and hard to speak well.

Fortunately, by time goes, I'm getting used to the situations.

I'm still not good at speaking well, but I can understand more English compare to before. 

So I decide to practice more, and talk more with others.


댓글

  1. What a Great post! English can be tricky, you learn so well! Do not worry (:

    답글삭제

댓글 쓰기