ICARUS

 This documentary explains why Russia is banned from the Olympics. Icarus begins with the story of Lance Armstrong, the emperor of the cycle.

Armstrong has answered that he has never used growth hormones or performance-enhancing drugs. However, this was a lie, and when it was revealed that he took the drug, Armstrong, who collapsed, melted into desire.

Fogel, a documentary director who was watching this, begins an experiment on whether he is caught if he participates in a world-class competition after doping it. He decided to directly prove the defects of this system using his own body.
The goal was to inject drugs into the body and prove them by receiving high grades in amateur cycling competitions beyond the French Alps. He is introduced to Grigory, director of the Moscow Olympic Research Institute, and works on the project with advice on doping.
While watching the documentary, I couldn't believe that I had the courage to carry it out myself. This is because these challenges were very reckless and challenging not only one's body but also the national system.

댓글

  1. I love the expression, "the emperor of the cycle"!

    I share your disbelief! To question the Russian doping scheme is wildly courageous. I'll never forget my time with Fogel at the festival. We joked about looking for the "black vans" ... checking over his shoulder!

    답글삭제

댓글 쓰기